Thursday, April 15, 2010

Follow up on the Impact of this morning...

After talking with my mom about my last blog entry, I realized that she doesn't know how much of a difference she makes. Our mentor mom at MOPS said something today, "even though I my children are grown and I have grandchildren, I am still a Mom..." And another mentor mom said, "I am busier now as a mom of grown children than I ever have been!" And even though I am not their peer, I got exactly what they meant. Because of my own mother's recent advice and listening ear, I have grown so much as a woman and a mother to my own children over the past few months. My mom thinks of herself in terms of "when I was a mom", but I would like to say she is still a mom, and a very excellent one at that. All three of her daughters call her on a regular basis (at least once or twice a day) and, if I can speak for my sisters, we know how much we can count on her to be there in calm and crisis, the exciting and the mundane. My mother exudes empathy to the greatest degree and through that quality, becomes one of the most relatable people I know. I don't think I have ever told her any of this, but I know she will read this, because she is also a faithful fan of anything her children pursue, create. Thanks mom! I couldn't wait until Mother's day to say it!

No comments:

Post a Comment