|7 mos yesterday|
|Our first Sunday at "home"|
We've had a smooth transition for the most part...as far as emotions go. The boys loved their school from day one (Oct. 4th). We've had two days of my oldest fighting the tears when the differences are obvious between his two schools. His complaints:
- "The worse dessert at my old school is better than the best dessert at my new school"
- "They don't throw candy at pep rallies here, and their music is really loud"
- "I knew all the Kinder thru 6th grade at my old school, now I only know the 4th graders (He's in 4th)."
Of course, I can comfort him with words, but it will just take time. We've started a new tradition after his first breakdown...Dairy Queen on Mondays for an after school treat. And the DQ here stays open through the winter unlike the one we're used to!
And, the boys have really had some positive changes too...
- My 1st grader has a regular friend he hangs out with
- My 4th grader joined band! He is so proud of his trumpet...and partly chose that instrument so he could carry the cool black case (which he said "Do you think people will think I'm carrying an old fashioned suitcase?")
|Celebrated his 5th birthday yesterday!|
- My preschooler, who said at least every hour "I don't want to move" for the first several days, is happy in his small town preschool.
- The small town we're in has an awesome community center with great youth programs and an indoor batting cage
- We have found a small church and met some neighbors there
- Mama's found a mom's group...and has girl's night and playdate on the calendar!
One of these days I'll blog regularly again. :)