Saturday, April 16, 2016

Where I'm at: Faith-filled Friday

I am not where I want to be.

As I procrastinated my Faith-Filled Friday post today (seriously, 30 mins until Saturday here), I realize that I could easily get caught up in all the things I haven't done, all the feelings I don't feel in my walk with God, and all the things that push me further away from having a chance at hearing Him.

But, if there is something I've learned this year, and last year, and the year before, it's that no matter how much I spiral into the pit that is humanity, I can't fall so far that God's out of reach. And in that, I am secure.

I am not where I want to be, but He's with me just the same.

And that is pretty much all I need...all I need to know...and all that can possibly bring me hope in tomorrow.

My reading this week has left me in awe of the book of Ruth. I see God-the-Savior's fingerprints all over this Old Testament book, and the obedience of just doing what I can to take that next step and live out faith. And really, it's only worth while with a redeemer waiting to provide.




No comments:

Post a Comment