Wednesday, February 3, 2016

O Gentle Romeo:TBT

It's where I am at.

Rekindling my love for Shakespeare.

Two decades later...my creative spirit is inspired once again by the ol' bard. Today, as I was looking through some old boxes, I found my script from my senior year when I played Juliet. But my love for Shakespeare grew before that iconic role. And now, as I write novels, I can't help but weave some evidence of the influence of the master writer, Mr. Shakespeare.

So for Throwback Thursday, I want to show off the script that was once my gem as a high school senior who'd spent three years working her way to center stage.

I love seeing my stage directions written above, also my character analysis, emotions, and movements. Not much different than the habits of an author. My acting days were, perhaps, "setting the stage" for my desire to write fiction? There are many similarities, actually.  The arts are connected in that way.

Those days of being part of a competitive theatre department were tough just like the journey of a writer, for sure. It took a lot of hard work, a lot of tears, and a lot of rejection. But in the end, my dream came true.

I am hoping for the same thing in my writing.

Thank you all for reading. Thank you for encouraging. And most of all, thank you for praying.



No comments:

Post a Comment