Tuesday, December 22, 2015

On Submission.

Lately, it's hard to get in the swing of things (like regular blogging since my writer's break last month), especially after hitting a few anniversaries... my sixth writing conference, my third anniversary signing with my awesome agent, my third anniversary sending out an agented book proposal--one of three--my second anniversary being inspired to write my most promising novel, and my tenth Christmas season seeking publication

...and nada.

I know that I have made it hard on myself. I just write different kind of stories. Stories that have appeal, but are not a perfect fit in the market...yet.

Yet=Hope, right?

 But what I also know, is that I am thankful for the books that have come and gone...going. Each book I learn more from, and I am a better writer for it. So, while I can sit here and beat my fist on my laptop, deep down I know, it is just not my time yet.

And that is a good thing.

One day.

Hopefully, soon.

I'll be writing, "Signed Contract", in my post title.

But for now. I am "On submission". May 2016 look Merry and Bright on the Publishing front!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Regular Blogging coming soon (aka New Year's Resolution).






No comments:

Post a Comment