Wednesday, June 11, 2014

ABIDE, really now.

11 months ago, I heard God tell me He wants me to abide in Him. My trial was much lesser of a problem back then. It really had to do with publishing and writing. Not that those are lesser things, they are my passions after all.

But now, on this day, I am brought back to that word: ABIDE. And I realize, up until this very moment, God has tried to teach me what that really means. At one time, I thought it meant to wait in Him. To remember He is in control and I am in good hands. And maybe it still does. But I have been whipped around in a vicious storm as of late, and I realize that ABIDE means so much more.
It's wrapped up in something no human can truly grasp. It's unreasonable, really.

The fullness of ABIDE is something completely holistic, the whole of it being encapsulated by His unfailing love. ABIDE is nothing less than:

Standing strong in the complete conviction of God's unfailing love...to live in it, breathe it,act upon it, and rest in it amidst any storm, every day, every hour, each moment we live.

I didn't really get that 11 months ago. I haven't really gotten that. But, God's drawing me closer. He's bringing me to this conclusion more and more.

Nothing can separate us from His unfailing love. Nothing. Even if we choose to not take it, to not abide, He is there, giving it freely.

It is up to me to receive it.

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment