Monday, April 9, 2012

Passover is THIS week

If there is one thing I have learned through my Bible studies over the years, is that God uses timing to show amazing things. Prophesy is revealed, powerful words are spoken in conjunction with the specific moment that would relate to the people at that time. Specific days at specific times in the year are set aside by God's people and God uses those times to find glory...I am sorry to be so vague, but I can't even begin to explain the evidence. Beth Moore has amazing teachings on this in her study, The Psalms of Ascent.
Something that bothered me this past week, was that we were celebrating "Easter" the week before Passover...I knew why too, and that's what bothered me more...centuries ago, Christians tried to convert Pagans by adjusting the calendar to match up with their Spring Festival.
I can't help but wonder how the God of the Universe feels about this?
And then to see us take pagan traditions and try and blend them with Christian meaning...really? Yet we get angry when people take the Jesus fish and give it legs and write Darwin in the middle...it's the same thing.
Each year I raise my children, there is a shedding of the old to reveal the pure truth of God. I am just sad that I didn't see this article earlier...

http://rcg.org/books/ttooe.html

...we would have chosen to keep the Passover above the egg hunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment