Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Worthy Meaning

Who'd have thought that preschool would increase my magazine browsing? Actually, my son has had an ongoing project to collect images according to what letter they start with, so we have gathered up magazines to go on our little hunt.
Christmas issues, Easter issues...all of a sudden I see an explosion of Christmas crafts, Easter edibles, gift ideas, egg stuffers...blah, blah, blah...If you don't believe in the Christian message of the holidays...then basically you're just celebrating stuff. How fun is that? No, really, how satisfying, enjoyable is that? Sometimes it is fun...if you are a crafter, if you are a baker, or an eater (ha). But what about the second after the celebration is over? Do you feel lacking? Are you depressed that all the crap (excuse my word choice) you've collected, created, half-eaten, is no longer worth anything but landfill waste?

We're coming up on the final week of Lent, the days leading up to Easter Sunday. And I am glad that I actually have something more to look forward to than the stuff...I look forward to affirming my belief that Christ died for my sins and rose on the third day. And the second after our celebration is over, the meaning of all we've celebrated will not become waste, but everlasting life for each day to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment