Wednesday, January 12, 2011

From One Mom to A Not So Nice One

My four year old is going through his tantrum stage a little late.
I usually avoid certain outings like grocery shopping, the post office, and target, until he's at preschool.
Well, today, I sacrificed my sanity to get a little writing done while he was at school, and decided to venture to the dreaded Wal-mart with all three boys.

B.I.G. M.I.S.T.A.K.E
         
                 I should have known...

There is only a 1% success rate for this family to make it out of the store without a scene of some sort.

What was I thinking?

To top it off, while I was being checked out by a snotty looking teenager, I noticed the lady in line behind me staring at me with a disgusted look on her face. In the midst of my 4 year old crying LOUDLY, I managed a smile to break her stare.
"And you want another one?" She knocked the smile right off my face.
I looked at her and asked, "Do you not have kids?"
"I have one but..."
"He's not like this all the time. And this isn't that bad anyway." I wanted to scratch her eyes out.

MOTHERS HAVE EMPATHY ON YOUR FELLOW MOMS! 

If I wasn't in a bad mood at that point, she certainly put me in one when she looked at me as she walked out of the store, (yes, she still left before me even though she was behind me in line), laughed and shook her head like, "You're crazy."

Grrrrr.....

3 comments:

  1. Sending you fellow mom love.

    I once had a mom witness my 3-year-old having a major meltdown. She acting all nice and then slammed me by telling me I wasn't going to win the mother of the year award. Thanks, lady.

    I'm with you. It's time we lift each other up. You are building into your kids and every single one of them is blessed to have a mom like you. (Told you I can get protective.)

    :)
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have people at my church say things like, "When you have a strong-willed daughter like yours..." As if there is nothing nice or encouraging to say.

    People just do not choose their words carefully. They ought to all be writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, Wendy. I can't believe someone said that to you, but thankfully we don't have to depend on our worth from mere people right? Praise God!

    Gia- After stepping away from the situation, I felt the anger of her basically implying that my son isn't worth it and the baby in my womb is going to be the same...I hope that people who don't choose their words wisely, don't also mean the hateful implications that their words can bring...I only hope!

    ReplyDelete