Monday, December 6, 2010

My Excuse For A Christmas Send Out.

A glimpse at the inside of last year's trifold
 For all of those who have known me for a while, you know I live for sending out Christmas cards...the graphic designer/photographer in me loves to come up with an interesting way to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and show how much the boys have grown. This year, for the first time since I've been married (almost 11 years), I have regrettably given up on creating a unique card, and will be sending out a pre-designed photo card this year! UGH!
In my defense, I do have a good excuse...my printer is on the fritz...making it more of an effort to drive back and forth to the copy place (in 5 degree weather)...
When we received our pre-made cards in the mail, I scrutinized them greatly, and my husband got annoyed because I was about to return them. I quickly rushed to my computer and came up with my own design, sent it to the copy place, and ran out the door.... eh, it had work still to do, and I contemplated all the effort on my drive home.
I came to the conclusion that I was being soley driven by pride and it was turning into a frantic frenzy of getting caught in what others think about me.

You probably think I am crazy, but I am glad that I can't do it all right now. I finally have given myself permission to do what I can, without stressing about what I can't....perfect timing for the Christmas season!

2 comments:

  1. You are so wise for a young-un! I was going to skip this yearly tradition...until we had a friend snap THE PERFECT photo at, of all places, a snowy December wedding!!!

    Sigh. So it's back to the graphics board!!!

    Blessings,
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always look forward to your fun cards! They are a great way to keep in touch and the boys are growing so fast. I am sending a christmas present to your family to Carol's house. I hope you get it!

    Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete