Friday, September 10, 2010

On the Brink of Friendship!

This is our amazing Steering Team! So passionate and inspiring!

"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold."

This Girl Scout song is going to through my head this morning as I reflect on our awesome MOPS Kick Off from yesterday. It was amazing. We had twice as many women show up than last year's, and I almost needed a megaphone to quiet them so I could talk! Friendly chatter everywhere!
We had a lot of old faces and a lot of new, and the year looks promising for many relationships to build and/or deepen. 
It's so important to have this community of moms in my life. It gives me humility if I am too proud, or confidence if I am too insecure. Along with my peers, our amazing mentors encourage, delight in us, and give us perspective! God's hand moves mightily among these relationships, and I am still 100% sure that this ministry is ordained by Him.
My husband reminded me of this that morning. It seems like my mornings get especially crazy on MOPS mornings, sending me into a frazzle and giving me doubts in the smooth running of the meeting. One year, we even had to cancel because of torrential floods- in the desert of Texas! What??
Well, yesterday, everything was going fine, until the last minute...the stinkin' dog wouldn't come inside, and the boys piled in the car too late. On top of that, our neighborhood entrance was backed up because of road construction, and it took a several minutes just to get out. Well, of course the boys were tardy for the first time this year, and I was in tears thinking, "why this day, of all days?!" But with a quick phone call to hubby, he reminded me that "I should be privileged at the enemy's attack, he knows God's hand is in MOPS, and he's trying to stir things up!" Yes! Thank for that! 
So, needless to say, the morning was perfect! I couldn't believe how much of a "bang" we started off with, and I am excited for next week and what we have in store! 
Appropriately, this first month's topic is "Around The Coffee Table With Your Girlfriends." We are going to celebrate friendship! We are starting a new year with new tables and new friends! So much is waiting to be done in the lives of these women, and I am so privileged to be a small part of that! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Angie...it's Sarah Maney. I was reading through your blog and saw that you are pregnant! Congratulations! We are due in March as well...March 19. I've been "bring you to your knees" sick as well. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! Yes, I am so sick of being sick! Congrats on your pregnancy too! Are you going to find out what you are having? I am due March 21st...just a few days after you. Hope all is well there!

    ReplyDelete