Thursday, August 19, 2010

And They're Off!


It was harder than I thought it would be. My five year old went from shouting down the stairs, "I go to Kindergarten today!" to being shy and nervous when we saw his teacher. My tears started up as I got ready...I can't help but think of him toddling around when he was just a baby..and they all came out when I drove away from leaving him at Kindergarten.

I thought with the second child it would be easier, but then I thought back and my oldest went to half day kindergarten (and I even cried a little then).
He'll do fine. My poor 3rd grader got a little miffed that we kept harping on the 5 year old, but he was fine, and walked into a class full of kids he's been in school with for a year and a half. (I still gave him the love and snuggles too!)
Ah, the heartstrings of a mom!! Today it's kindergarten, tomorrow it will be a long drive to college! Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Long drive to college...yes, that's the way I'm feeling this week with my daughter 1,000 miles away starting her first year. It was just yesterday she was brushing her teeth with "poothtaste" and marveling at the "crimma lights" at Christmas and sucking on her little binky with her hair in pig tails. Cherish Angie. I wish I had been as introspective and intuitive as you when my firstborn was litte. You're definitely a "plugged in" mom. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete