Sunday, May 30, 2010

Away to the Water

We have found ourselves enjoying a vacation away to the water. Nope, not the ocean- which is always our preference and has been our retreat for the past few years- but to the lake. I have never been a fan of the lake. It's beautiful to look at- especially after our 5 year stay in the desert of West Texas- but that's it. The water is stinky and the unknown depth freaks me out!
But today, even though we weren't at the ocean, we enjoyed the breeze and the sound of the surf on a lake. It was beautiful and serene and when my 7 year old said, "Mom, we're not going to church today?" I said, "We're among His creation, what's better than that!" How great it would be to always worship God among nature...wouldn't it be great to have a church outdoors ALL summer? Sometimes I find it hard to get focused on worship with the distractions of a building...but it's so easy to worship among the trees, flowers, waters, sky. But with the summer comes the treacherous winter, and I don't know if I can be so worshipful in below zero 20 ft snow drifts! Our God definitely thinks outside of the box- or at least from one end of the spectrum to the other!
This picture in color reminded me of the pastoral landscape near the village I lived in in England...don't remember if the hills were this big though!
The sunlight is amazing when it mixes with nature...the trees are from our campsite.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been a fan of a lake either. I am a beach girl, but this year we got passes to our local lake and have gone a couple of times already. We love it! It is very relaxing! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete