Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Eager to Write!

I realized today that I have a LONG way to go to be a published author. I entered a writing contest, and got some pretty thorough critiques back from published authors. I appreciate every single one, since I haven't had any schooling in creative writing since high school! I wish I could just close the book and stick it in a drawer to collect dust, but really, I have a story I want to tell! I just need to figure out a way to tell it professionally!
So, my plan is to sit down to a blank screen and write the story again. I am going to change the perspective and style. It will be a fun project to tackle and so you may not see me blogging so much! ;) I can't get away from writing, can I? It's almost an obsession, so I have to be disciplined to share my attention with my kids and not just let my lil' mac hoard it!

No comments:

Post a Comment