Monday, May 3, 2010

Date night to Golden Girls to Friendships Springing!


Tonight is date night...it might be our last one for a while since our babysitter is leaving town for the summer. I always look forward to Monday nights. No matter how icky MonDAY is, Monday night is always fun. The problem with date night though, is we are always rushing around to get out of the door. Cody usually comes home right before the sitter gets here and I am frantically getting ready. But if I coach myself, I can get past my frustration with his tardiness, and we can have a pretty good time.

Right now, dinner is ready, the boys are playing at the neighbors, and I am watching Golden Girls...my fave! I know, I am an old woman at heart (and attitude sometimes!) I think I enjoy the show so much, because I enjoy friendships so much. About 6 months ago, I felt really lonely. I mean, I had friends and neighbors, but I didn't feel like I was completely myself in my new life. It was all my fault. I was not making the effort, not opening up, and trying to be who I thought people wanted me to be, and not just being me!
But now, I have all these wonderful friendships- with most of the same friends, same neighbors, and some really awesome new friends! They remind me of my little seeds that I planted a couple of weeks ago, and now they are thriving little plants! It's so refreshing to have friends!
So tonight, I am going out with my best friend, and Thursday I am going out with a lot of my new girlfriends. Spring and Life are simultaneously blooming all around me!

1 comment:

  1. I totally know where you're coming from! It's always hard being the "new girl" - that doesn't change if you're in elementary school or if you're a mom (and as JD wives, we always seem to have to be the new girl)! So glad that you're settling into your new life and have friends to prove it!

    ReplyDelete