Wednesday, May 5, 2010

After the rain.

So, the sun is shining, the clouds are gone, and my son is stoked for baseball season. After the drama yesterday, he came home on a high from his first baseball practice, where Daddy is assistant coach. After a good (sort of) night's sleep, I realized what culminated yesterday is just the beginning of a long road of heartaches and social dilemmas for my children. I remember so clearly my own troubles from 2nd grade on, and all I can do is build strong defenses in my kids- not ugly and revengeful, but grace-filled, and inpenetrable self-worth, grounded in the love of Christ. Thank you Alisa, for your comment, it's so true, mothering is "hard on the heart". But I have to remember that, although I am their parent here, there is Someone greater looking out for them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment