Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Take him and cut him out in little stars...

Some of you may know that my highlight of high school (really, who has many?) was playing the role of Juliet in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I want to share a passage from some lines, my favorite lines, I once spoke on stage, and Beth Moore's play on words that she used in the study we just finished up today. I have learned so much these past months, and will share more soon.

Come, gentle night,- come, loving black brow'd night,
Give me my Romeo; and when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night, 
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
                                          -Romeo and Juliet, William Shakespeare

"God is jealous for our true enduring hero to be His own Son. God wants Jesus to be our unrivaled champion....Countless people are worthy of our esteem, but none can take the pressure of our unrivaled champion...Beloved Sister, one reason God dissuades us from making champions of humankind is to keep us from falling love with the night and paying no worship to the glorious Son."
                                            -Esther: It's Tough Being A Woman,( p. 183, 184) Beth Moore
Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman : Member [Book]

No comments:

Post a Comment