Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Nemesis Facelift


Okay, so the whining sign is just as much for me as anyone else in the fam. This sign appropriately adorns my laundry room. My biggest nemesis in mommyhood is LAUNDRY! So today, in order to take a positive step towards winning the battle of mind over matter, I decided to give my laundry room/mud room a facelift, or at least make it feel like an actual room in the house instead of a leftover closet filled with stinky shoes and dirty clothes. Thank God for Hobby Lobby having 50% wall decor today! The only thing that it did stir up in me is to conquer another dreaded task, painting. I think it would be really nice to have some crimson on the walls, don't you? We'll see...I am a dreamer, and sometimes find that the projects in my head don't actually come to fruition!
This is the view from the kitchen door...If you have seen my laundry room before...you will know this is a decent improvement...The dryer used to be an extra "shelf" of miscellaneous stuff...and the top of the cabinets had boxes, cleaners, and random junk on top.
This is the view from the garage door (the door to the kitchen is just next to the scissors). That little orange tub holds all my cleaners now, since I have started trying to eliminate how much product I use.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. You are so creative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I've been thinking of "pretty-fying" my laundry room too. I deplore doing laundry and keep the door closed! If I don't see it, I don't have to do it!

    ReplyDelete