Saturday, March 27, 2010

Keeping up with the Skinnys No More!

So, I am going on two weeks of my exercise wean. It really wasn't voluntary, but life has been so crazy and wonderful, that I just haven't prioritized that extra time to workout. I am settling back into my old self, not really gaining or losing, just living without denying myself a good ol' chocolate fix every once in a while. I have heard it said a few times the past few days, "eating is one of the great pleasures of life" and I am definitely one who partakes with great joy in this philosophy! Have you ever looked back on a vacation or night out with friends where food or drink wasn't involved??? I remember the best of times through food. Many travels in Europe are marked by the trattorias, cafes, crepe stands, and ristorantes that we visited...my trips to the great cities of Boston and San Diego, are vivid through the authentic Italian food from Little Italy, and Rubio's Fish Tacos, respectively...My favorite dates with Cody are branded with a good glass of wine or a delectable chocolate dessert. Food is simply the best.
Now this being said, I have learned to "watch it" so that I can afford the two weeks of no scheduled exercise (walking up and down the stairs 50 times a day, chasing kids around the neighborhood, and being walked BY the dog must count for some calorie loss, right?). I will hop on that elliptical next week and try and get my butt in gear so that I can still have guiltless chocolate fixes...and also because exercise makes me feel good...but my past obsession with keeping up with the "Skinnys" is dying, and I am happy to Eat, Drink, and Be Merry, with a little exercise on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment