Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Birthday Blessings on my Twenty Thirteenth!

So, it's the big 3-3 for me. Oh my. I can't believe I am truly thirty something! Wow! I remember looking at my parents' friends and thinking thirty was old...ahem, I am now eating my words. I am not old, but I am hopefully wiser?? I am also extremely blessed. I have had so many birthday wishes today from friends and family, I really can't even return them all with a thank you because they were so abundant! I guess if any of you are reading this-- Thank You!
The day started out very dreary and gray. I smashed in my new Tahoe's bumper yesterday into our neighbor's van, as I pulled out of the driveway, and was brutally reminded of the incident this morning as I rushed my second grader to school. Nothing Birthday-esque about this day. My sweet friend that I had a playdate with remembered, so that helped remind that it was indeed a special day...but when Cody walked in the door with Walmart sacks full of cake ingredients, I began to feel a bit special. And spending time with my favorite Texans (Cody and my boys) at Texas Roadhouse, helped a bunch.
So now, Cody is baking Chocolate Sheath Cake in the kitchen, the boys are playing outside since it is still daylight at 7pm (WAHOO!) and I am writing you all a quick note to let you know how this birthday girl is coping on the 24th day in March.
Tomorrow will be a fun morning with my MOPS girls, and tomorrow evening will be Margaritas and Salsa with my neighbors. Overall, I am blessed beyond measure with family and friends. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment