Saturday, September 17, 2011

My First Goodbye

I've lived here for 2 1/2 years...wait...2 1/2 wonderfully blessed, full, fun years! And when I first found out we were moving, I didn't think it would be too big of a deal. Yes, we have had a great time, but we knew it wasn't forever, and we are only moving a couple of hours away.
So I've been upbeat, busy bee (not my style at all!), and focusing on the kids for this transition of schools, neighborhoods, familiarity.

But when it came to say the first goodbye, my heart trembled and I wept. How could this be? How could I let this move get to me when I had prepared myself not to get too attached in the first place?
But I was saying goodbye to the women who welcomed me first, who allowed me to take the reigns of their ministry as coordinator, and shape it and mold it without really knowing me-- PLC MOPS, or now known as Cafe Mom-- is now a closed chapter in my life, a first goodbye that made me realize I am not as ready for this as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment