Monday, September 26, 2011

Bold Up at ACFW!


I am on the other side of my second ACFW conference, and as I had prayed on the first day, I am completely humbled. God's hand works in mighty ways and He was OBVIOUSLY present in St. Louis...not just in my triumphs, but in my trials--molding and shaping--His blessings poured onto the friends around me, and His glory was spoken, sung, and shown. What an amazing thing to be around so many professionals in this tricky business of publishing, and have a common thread of Christ throughout the 700 people in attendance!
I was personally blessed with connecting to precious friends who I have spent this past year getting to know on blogs, loops, and through crit groups.
It's funny how my prayers were answered when it came to interest in my manuscripts, but how I tossed aside the excitement and wrestled with severe self-doubt almost instantaneously. I had this impending doom that I was fooling myself and others into thinking I could write, and now I had to prove it by sending in my stuff. It was at these moments of dread, that I found support in my friends and realized God has placed some amazing women in my life.
My fellow Alley Cats surrounded me with prayer, my crit partner encouraged me and even talked to other agents and publishers about my work (she is amazing), and my parents (who flew to St. Louis just to watch my baby in a small hotel room...thank you!) kept giving me pep talks.
My cup overflows with the people God has given me!
As I left the conference, I had one of the Alley Cats, Mary Vee, look at me and say,
"You need to bold up."
Amen, Mary. I will never forget that...and hopefully, in a conference or two, I will be a bold, new author with confidence and a contract! :)
Now, I have work ahead of me. I have never felt so driven. It is all because of the prayers that were said that I feel like it might be possible to tweak my book and proposal to a new level...and I am dedicated to doing my best...because that's all I can do!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Angie! I love how God is working in you and how the Alley Cats built you up. Such a beautiful group of women...and obviously, a FUN group, given that silly picture! lol I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bold Up" - I love that quote! I need to do some bolding up myself as I tackle my rewrites. Yikes! :) Good luck tackling your own projects, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pictures! I have the "serious" one on my desktop for inspiration and remembrance of how wonderful it was to meet you all!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you there, Angie! "Bold up"...I love that. I need to keep that in mind. I pray the Lord opens a door for you, friend. Isn't this journey fun and crazy?

    Blessings,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete