Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Stepping Stones

Cherished Moments Monday is another great inspiration from Mama Hen. This photo is from the front of our Christmas card, the first year we became a family of 5. Back then, my oldest was still the loveable, loyal one, my middle son was still spunky and artsy, and my sweet baby was battling colic! Thank God that changed! :) 
But, I cherish those moments still, even though I was helpless in comforting my newborn. I love the sweet sounds of a sucking babe. I smile remembering my son feeding his teddy bear like "mommy feeds her baby", but quickly hiding it when someone walked in the room. I treasure watching my middle son sleeping soundly after coming home from the hospital with my youngest- he seemed so big just then since there was a newborn around, but he wasn't even two yet. I will always remember my husband saying, "I'll pray extra hard for him" knowing he was no longer the baby but yet he was just a baby still.

 I cherish mothering children still completely wrapped in the arms of innocence, with no worldly influences to spew from their small mouths. I cherish that time when all I had to worry about was what I could eat so that my milk was okay for the newborn, what craft I would have to entertain my two year old AND my 4 1/2 year old. Wow, it wasn't that long ago, but I feel like our worries and struggles have become so much more about molding their hearts and not just about meeting their needs! 

Reflecting on my cherished moments has reminded me that we are indeed on a path of stepping stones, and as we continue, the stride gets a little longer, a little more difficult, maybe it is a little easier to be thrown off balance. But it's the cherished moments that my foundation is built upon, those moments are where the love grew deep, and now we endure these long strides for that most cherished LOVE.



1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Supamom! It really is so cute to watch our children emulating us like feeding a teddy bear. I love how you worded it as a journey on stepping stones It truly is quite a journey we take with our childrren and we want so much to protect them and not only "meet their needs" but to "nourish their beautiful hearts". Thank you so much for joining in this week! I put your link on. I hope lots of people get to see this great post!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete