Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dropping the ball as the kids add up!

Just got hit with overwhelming guilt. As I sat down with my preschooler to actually entertain him with arts and crafts instead of screen time, we pulled out his pencil box from his old preschool. "Oh, it's like my friends' boxes!" I asked, "Do your new friends have boxes at your new school?" Yes, and he told me he just uses the crayons from the teacher!!! Ugh! I missed the memo in all the paper work that we were bombarded with 3 months ago! Granted, we were moving a family of six, but still how did I not provide for my son? Sure, the teacher could have reminded me, like she did a gazillion times for his medical records, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like "that" mom. And to make matters worse, when I rummaged through his folder that I keep stuff in, I found a very past due uncompleted project sitting there.

I don't want my younger kids to feel like they received less attention, less guidance, less time. I don't want to be the parent that is worn out by her third or fourth and allows the ball to drop more than she ever did with the older ones.

But I can see myself heading that way, and I write this as as not so friendly reminder to myself, to STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment