Friday, November 12, 2010

A Telling Heart Ache

It's cloudy, cold, rainy, and windy today. I'm not really sad about it, since I had to stay home with a sick child anyway. This change in weather puts me in a cozy mood...I long for a family night where we snuggle on the couch, eat homemade pizza, watch a movie, all with a fire in the fireplace. Actually, it has been my plan all day, and we will probably stick to it...the only think that bums me out, is my 8 year old's quick "hi and goodbye" when I came to his school. He and a friend planned a sleepover. Usually, this is fine, and I love saying yes to him, because he absolutely loves to be social.
 But I already miss him! 
The end of the week feels like a time for our family to come together and reconnect...I don't know why, because we've nixed all our evening activities, so we've had plenty of time time together. Maybe it's those apron strings hanging on by a thread?
Whatever it is, I am sure I'll get over it soon.

 Sometimes I think my heart aches like this for the small things, so I'll treasure the time in preparation for the big things.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your little one feels better soon! I love rainy days. It makes me feel cozy and I long to be home listening to the pitter patter of the rain. I hope you are doing great my friend! Have a good weekend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so hard Angie. Some stages are harder than others. Try to treasure each stage. It's a balance of holding on and letting go. I wish I could say that to my former self back when I was younger and only had one child. Now she's in her first year of college. I try so hard now to cherish each new stage with my boys but will always miss having a little one who sits in my lap and still asks for ME to tuck him in at night. I giggle at my first cousin who has three biological children, one adopted child and has had many many foster children over the years all starting out in her home as babies. I think she brings a new baby home everytime she feels that quick "hi and goodbye" from one of her older children.

    ReplyDelete