Monday, September 27, 2010

There is something about an orchard.



I love the contrast of the orderliness and the natural growth of fruit. Orchards will forever remind me of my only trip to Greece and visiting a distant relative who had an ancient orchard of citrus fruit.


 I could sit and read in an orchard, grabbing a piece of delicious fruit whenever I wanted. Orchards have a peace about them. As a Christian, they stir in me the many verses about growing in the Spriit, being in awe at the fruits of the Spirit, and knowing the honor it is to live among God's beautiful creation.

1 comment:

  1. I love orchards, and we're having our annual apple orchard day this Saturday. You're right, they have such a peace about them.

    Great pictures! It seems like you're blessed with such a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete