Monday, July 5, 2010

Just one little fort, mama


I hope I always remember the simple pleasure of taking a sheet and a couple of chairs and creating an exciting hideout for my kids. Sometimes I catch myself shooing them away when they ask for a custom-built fort. This weekend, my best friend's little girl held me to it each night and said, "Miss Angie, you were suppose to build us a tent." and after the third night, I quickly put my construction skills to work and created a little nook for bedtime stories.
There are so many little things we do as parents that will one day stick in our children's heads as memories. There can be lots of disappointed memories if we're not too careful. I am glad to say that most of my childhood memories are happy ones- ones of innocence, imagination, and excitement. I pray that my children look back on their childhood with the same pleasure that I do on my own; and that I can look back on their childhood and remember the joy of creating these treasures for them.

If you enjoy reading my blog, please "follow me" in the right hand column. It's a great way to keep up with current posts. Also, if you have a blog, let me know. I would love to keep up with my friends that way! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love forts! My daughter is just now getting to like the idea of making a fort. If I could follow you again I would my friend! I love your blog! I am starting a network very soon and don't you worry, I will feature you so you can get some more followers! :) Have a great day!By the way, thank you for your warm comment today!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an award waiting for you! :) Come and get it! You deserve it!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete