Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow...

The nights are so short in the summer. By the time the kids are settled in their beds, it's almost ten o'clock and really it's only been dark for about 30 minutes! Can't believe I started blogging at 5:30 this morning, and I'm back at it now. But it's been one of those days where I need to talk...and there really isn't anyone to talk to at this hour, so blogging is it.
The whole thing about being waterproof blew up in my face! I feel waist high in water that I don't know what to do with, and it's making me soggy. I'm just in a funk. And it doesn't have anything to do with the kids, or my friends, or my life. I'm just blah. The only thing I can think is, that I want life to slow down so we can enjoy the moments but there's the tension of the in between moments not living up to the title of "enjoyable moments". Does that make sense?
It's the life of a stay-at-home mom with three young children in the "heat" of summer, trying too hard to keep the house clean, entertain the children, get "me" time, and spend time with the hubs. UGH! Please don't think I am ungrateful, because I really wouldn't have it any other way, it's just my constant battle with monotony gets to me every once in a while. And although I know deep down that I am blessed beyond measure, my fleshy selfishness creeps up and gets me all worked up!
So, tomorrow is a new day, and I hope it starts out like this one, just after dawn. But I pray that it ends on a better note. One of appreciation and contentment, because I sure don't see how there is anywhere to go from here than up! Sweet dreams! Here's to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment