Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet Memory, Everlasting Hope

(please go to my blog and click on the play button to hear the song below)
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.



Yesterday, I received a sweet note from my best friend, as well as a card to help me remember the little one I lost a couple weeks ago. Funny how the emotions flood forward by such a simple gesture. But I couldn't resist the tears. The card she sent had the tree of life on front, and she suggested it would remind me of the beautiful surroundings where we first mourned our loss. I have posted about that weekend, Creation Therapy, May. She is so thoughtful and the card has more meaning to me then I would have expected.
I snapped these pictures on our recent camping trip, and feel like they could easily represent a renewal of my heart, a healing in a way. The sun will always come after the rain, and I have hope in that more than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment