Saturday, June 5, 2010

Jealousy Provoked.

He is jealous for me. The song I have posted to the right, just keeps playing in my head over and over and over. And I know I have written about it several times. But I can't help it. It dances with my Spirit in such a way that I am completely overwhelmed.
The other day, I was running things over and over again in my mind, thinking about all the terrible scenarios that could potentially happen because I screwed up. And all of them had to do with what people thought of me. Thank God for Christian music radio...a song came on (can't remember it now) but it shook me out of my pity party and made me realize an important truth,
"What people say or think of me, does not make me a worse person. My value is in Christ alone, and wow, I am treasured!"
All my life I have worried about the impressions I make on people, and I allowed my assumptions define who I am, what I am worth. I turned my back on the freedom that comes with being a daughter of God.
He is jealous FOR me! He wants me, all of me. His jealousy is righteous in the realms of heavenly love. I so often turn my attentions to the ways of this world, no wonder the Spirit inside of me finds turmoil. It's His awesome jealousy, asking me to return to Him, and be His alone.

1 comment: