Monday, June 27, 2016

A Woman's Right


I am a woman. I am proud to be female. I have the special privilege of carrying life within me. Actually, I have carried five lives within me, one ending prematurely in a miscarriage.

My rights as a woman are the same as any other person in my country-- I have the right to LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

My rights as a woman are the same as the rights of any living person in this world. To breathe, to survive, to prosper.

The decision to kill a living human within me, is not a right. It might be a desperate choice of an individual in dire circumstances. Or perhaps it is an irresponsible choice of an individual who doesn't want to raise a baby or give one to someone who will.

In the first case, I have an obligation to show my compassion and embrace that woman who had no support, with the hope that my support could give her more choices than abortion. In the second case, I have an obligation to show my compassion, educate, and embrace that woman who chose to rid herself of a mistake.

But don't tell me that abortion is a right.

It is far from it.

It's a sad reality in our overly-entitled, grace-lacking, narrow-minded society who just want a law instead of a change of perspective.

Abortion is the last answer. Compassion is the first.


No comments:

Post a Comment