Thursday, October 8, 2015

As You Like It: Fictitious Friday



Good morning! I am always itching for these Fridays! I love sharing peeks into my story world. 

This Fictitious Friday is especially near and dear to me, as I had to memorize the entire monologue from Shakespeare's As You Like It in high school during my drama days. I am oozing with excitement to share the connection to this quote with my novel, Lady Jane Lives. 

How many "parts" does the reprieved traitor play in this historical conspiracy? One day soon, maybe you will find out in print. But for now, let's start a chat and put more friends on my list for the giveaway! Right now I have,

Morgan
Amy
Ann
Cheryl
Marion
Deane
Kerry
Abby

You all rock, and I have loved hearing from you! If you haven't entered yet,  all you need to do is like my Facebook Pageif you haven't already, and answer this question:

If you could play a part--in a movie, in a book, on the stage-- who would you like to portray? And, if you think more practically speaking, what is your favorite real life part?

I tried out for Lady Macbeth in high school. I actually played the role of Lady McDuff. I would love to play such a complex character as Lady Macbeth! I am probably a little rusty in the Shakespearean stage acting...although, I do love to write about the ol' bard.;)

A real life part for me is definitely being a mom! I am the leading lady and the stage manager and the director all in one. ;)

Hope to hear from you! 


3 comments:

  1. I played Cinderella once. That was a really fun role! I would have loved to have played Debbie Reynolds in Sging in the Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Ames. Totally can see you as Cinderella. I played Juliet...loved it! You are such a good singer...a musical would be perfect! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I've never acted but would love to try. I've never sang but would love to give it a whirl. In fact I did sing a solo once at the Wesley in college. It was a worship song I think. Omgosh I felt so sorry for everyone. The roll of a princess is intriguing but so is the role of what's her name in the Titanic- the girl who fell in love with oh what's his name! Ha! The roll of mom is ongoing! I've always thought Caroline on Little House on the Praire was such a good Mom.

    ReplyDelete