Tuesday, June 10, 2014

How Long?

I woke up this morning with that song on my mind, "How long, to sing this song..." Although, my 'how long' meant something so different.
How long, oh God, will this last?
How long will we struggle through this trial?

And I pulled out my journal, and wrote a prayer, and you can see what I wrote:

And then, I responded to an email, and told a friend, "I just keep asking, how long?"

Yes, it was the cry of my heart this morning.

And I opened my study, the same study that I opened last time I posted about God speaking through it...and I went to the next section. And it lead me to this (which you will understand its significance further into my post):

"God's child who trusts His love possesses security in her salvation." -Beth Moore, Breaking Free 

It gets better. This is the scripture it referenced:

Psalm 13

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Prayer for Help in Trouble.

For the choir director. A Psalm of David.

13 
How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?

How long will You hide Your face from me?

How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;

Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death,

And my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken.
But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness;

My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.

I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Oh HOLY FATHER!

Just yesterday, I pondered salvation. I wondered if, perhaps, God might be taking me on a journey in a whole new direction...perhaps there is no such thing as salvation at all?

Well, as I pondered, I suddenly grew aware of the bitterness of that. The pointlessness of life without my Savior. It was as if God shook me and woke me up from a dream.

How can He be so faithful? Before I started my study this morning, I decided to write down everything He has shown me these past months that prove His faithfulness. And you know what? The only reason I stumble, is because I fail to obey what He shows me!! Time and time again, God gives me truth, and time and time again, I forget.

He has dealt bountifully with me, and now it is up to me to sing and trust in His lovingkindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment