Tuesday, June 18, 2013

When The Blog Doesn't Match The Blogger

Do you ever scroll through mom blogs or writer blogs or craft blogs or whatever-is-your-passion blogs and think, "wow, I SOOOOO don't have it together like THEY do." It occurred to me the other day that, while bloggers (including myself) can type up a scenario or emotional outpour in a neat  three paragraph post with a pretty little nugget of wisdom to top it off, then display it for all of Blogger to see, it really is just a glimpse into a life that has just as many insecurities, strengths, weaknesses, and struggles as everyone else.

I am convicted when my daily-life flaws don't line up with my inspiring blog posts. But the truth is that this imperfect, striving-at-times, uncertain-at-times mama who really, REALLY L-O-V-E-S her kids, her husband, and especially her God, blogs not because I hope to be a shiny little inspirational idol for my readers, but because writing and sharing give me a nudge to continue trying, to process my thoughts, and set me on a course toward something better...

I am a work-in-progress.

Not perfected yet. I can discover truth through my circumstances, blog about it, find God's inspiration amidst the thoughts which flow into typed words. And with all my heart, I have every intention to try harder. To step away from the virtual enlightenment and make it my new reality. Yet, I am flawed. I will admit, I might type a blog post one minute, and the next minute I catch myself in the same miserable cycle that I vowed to break in that particular blog post.

I am a work-in progress, for sure.

And in her book, Unglued, Lysa Terkeurst uses that exact phrase, "a work-in-progress", to describe herself. If you ever feel run down by your emotions, ashamed, over-ruled, Lysa's insight will help walk you through it and break away from it, without striving for an unattainable perfection. Lysa gives a bunch personal examples which have to do with motherhood, and seeing that she is an AMAZING Proverbs 31 Woman who admits her own shortcomings, brings me to one sure thing:

This life isn't about US being perfect, but CHRIST'S perfection nudging us toward something better on this journey.

I'm shedding the old and embracing the new...even if the old takes a while to lose its static cling. That new is ahead, waiting, just like God promises. And while I'm still a few steps away from the new, He's right beside me with grace to catch me when I stumble, and His perfection to inspire me to keep on walking...and blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment