Monday, April 15, 2013

To Dance for HIM!

"Then David danced before the LORD with all his might...Now as the ark of the LORD came into the City of David, Michal, Saul's daughter, looked through a window and saw King David leaping and whirling before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart." 2Samuel 6:14-16

Praise music fills my car most days. Sometimes, I want to cry as my heart is stirred. Other times, I want to switch the station thinking, "I'm just not there." But today, I wanted to dance! I just saw God's victory in my life during this season, and my spirit wanted to m-o-v-e my limbs!

I have a friend in my Bible study who feels stifled by other believers to really praise God unashamedly, with great joy in movement. I have felt it before, but I always subdue my outpour to worship because I certainly don't want to cause a scene!

Yet...we were made to worship Him! And King David, the man after God's own heart, worshiped God in the way many of us believe we'll have a chance to do in Heaven...yet, David did it right here on earth for all to see!

God created us this way! We've let the world claim that dance is a humanistic thing, sometimes a sensuous thing, sometimes a frivolous thing. But have we ever considered it a beautiful form of worship when our spirit is completely overcome by His wonder?
 As I mature in my walk, I look at those around me who have a bit more courage to express their praises physically with a lot less scrutiny. I must admit, I used to be a Michal. I used to look down my nose at those in front of me at church who feel the need to raise their hands, sway to the music, or clap. Geez, people! This is church! And God probably says, "EXACTLY, Angie, this is church! Let the Spirit move you to worship ME COMPLETELY!" I don't want to be a Michal. I want a bit of that my God-is-so-much-more-important-than-what-you-think-of-me kinda praise!

Now I am not saying I am going to start jumping around now. I don't know if I could really do that without worrying about how I look, without caring about distracting others...I am too in touch with my flesh to give way completely to my Spirit. Sad, I know.

But....one day....I will! Beyond those pearly gates...or perhaps through them!



3 comments:

  1. :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoXOMiOzdwE#

    .... just sayin'

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird, I wonder why it didn't show the video......
    supposed to be
    "Undignified" by David Crowder Band (though I love the version by Matt Redman better!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with both of you! So blessed beyond words at the bond of friendship we share! How is it even possible that 10 women, from different walks of life, all fighting for the same dream, could click the way we do. Only God! He blessed us big! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete