Sunday, January 30, 2011

Little Blogging, Loads of Writing

My blogging efforts have been pretty scarce...I just haven't had a lot to write about...well, in the non-fiction sense. I am so wrapped up in my new fiction novel, that my writing energies have been consumed by that.
I love having a creative outlet like writing, during this season of my life. For the first few years of being a stay-at-home mom I struggled with contentment. I always knew I would stay home with my kids...and I dreamed most about being a mother from the time I was a small girl caring for my cabbage patch kids! But once I got in the thick of it, I didn't know what to do with myself during the monotonous times, the frustrating moments, the "was I really suppose to give up a career for this" days.
Finding the wonderful world of Christian fiction and tiptoeing into the creative process...not necessarily the publishing process yet...that was a pipe dream and a motivation squisher when I caught that bug...but now, just pouring myself into a piece of fiction, getting good feedback, and molding my skills to a more refined art, contentment with staying at home is no longer a question, because I filling myself up along the way.
I admire women who embrace staying at home with such vigor and energy, needing nothing but maybe a large enough break to sit with a book or prepare the next fun activity with there kids.
But I am also thankful that I have been honest with myself, and know that I am not "less" of a mom because I need something else...not something more...just something else to spend my creativity that is not within the realms of a 4-8 year old's way of thinking.
So, I haven't been blogging near as much, because I have been writing...about conquistadors and romance...cotton farmers and forbidden love...and juggling three boys and a very full, happy life!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, just dropped by to say hi and to wish you a beautiful week ahead... no matter what you do, i hope you enjoy your day to the fullest!!

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I understand the frustration, and I really admire how you're writing! Good luck, and I'm sure you'll share more of it later! =)

    ReplyDelete