Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Salt Water Thirst


I am restless. We have never began a summer without a beach vacation in the near future. My husband's job is at it's peak, meaning he is getting to see a lot of his work come to fruition. So, commitment to luxury vacationing is not in the cards. I looked at the map today, and felt the states closing in on me, we are surrounded...by LAND! No fun! But I guess an oil filled gulf wouldn't be fun either!
The boys have been out of school for a week and a half but the public schools don't get out until the end of this week. It's been so quiet in our neighborhood, and the boys are getting as restless as me. I know next week will be a lot more entertaining with the 20 some kids running all over the backyards, but that doesn't calm my desire to get out of town and see the ocean meet the sand!
SIGH.
Tomorrow, I will wake up bright and early (5:30) and swim laps in an indoor pool. This will by no means satisfy my thirst for salt water, but it will give me a little boost of energy to enjoy the summer we do have. Maybe the boys and I will have a beach party in the sandbox? Imagination must be to par here at the homestead!

No comments:

Post a Comment